CINNOX chat works the same way as any instant messaging application. You can send and receive instant messages to and from your visitors, customers, and fellow staff members using the internet connection.
Start the conversation with your fellow staff members through chat. CINNOX creates a new chat room in your Workspace's Recent Connections area, where you can also jump back to your existing chat rooms.
To start a new chat:
- On your Workspace, click on the (+) icon located at the bottom part of your Utility panel, then click on New Chat.
- On the Staff List Window that will pop out, select the staff member you would like to have a conversation with.
- Click on Create.
- On the New Chat Room Panel that will appear on your Workspace, type your message on the text input bar at the bottom, then click on the Send icon located beside it. Your sent messages will be on the right side, while received ones will be on the left.
Below is a summary of chat functions and their availability to the Visitor and Staff.
|Function||Description||A. Visitor to Staff||B. Staff to Visitor||C. Staff to Staff|
|Copy Message||Copy selected messages in the chat room.|
|Recall Message||Recall a message has have previously posted within five minutes.|
|Edit Message||Edit a message that has previously posted within five minutes.|
|Reply Message||Reply to a specific message in the chat room.|
|Share File||Share images, videos, documents, and more in the chat room.|
|Send Quick Link||Share a text shortcut of personal and channel web links and virtual numbers without the need to memorise them.|
|Forward Message||Forward a sent message or media file from the current chat room to another chat room.|
|Image Preview||Giving a glimpse something in part or whole of the image without opening it.|
|Link Preview||Giving the link an image, title, description, and more, to provide contextual information.|
|Zoom in and Zoom out||Make the image appear much larger and nearer, or much smaller and further away.|
The chat room panel lets you copy a posted message by pointing your cursor on the message and clicking on the Copy option that will appear beside it.
In direct/1-to-1 and group Space chat rooms, you can recall a message or file you posted within five minutes:
- Point your cursor on the message or file that you want to recall. When the posted message or file was within five minutes, the Recall function would be among the options that will appear beside it.
- Click on Recall. A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm the action.
- Click on Recall.
Chat rooms with recalled messages will display the following:
- You recalled this message - displayed on the sender side/the one who recalled the message
- This message was recalled - displayed on the receiver/another side
In direct/1-to-1 and group Space chat rooms, you can edit a message you posted within five minutes:
- Point your cursor on the message that you want to edit. If the posted message were within five minutes, the Edit function would be among the options displayed beside it.
- Click on Edit. Your original message will appear in the text input bar.
- Make the necessary changes to the text, then click on the Send icon.
Chat rooms with edited messages will have the text (Edited) beside the post.
Reply to a specific message or quoted reply, as the name implies, quotes the specific message you are replying to so that the recipient(s) will have an additional context of the message you sent.
To reply to a specific message:
- Point your cursor on the message you want to reply to, then click on Reply on the options that will appear beside it.
- Type your message on the text input bar.
- Note that quoted message you are replying to also appears on top of the text input bar. If you want to cancel the quote, click on the (x) icon.
- Click on the Send icon.
You can maximise the chat room use and enhance your conversations by sharing images, videos, documents, and more.
For more information on what files can you share in a chat room, refer to the Sharing Files section of this Guide.
When composing messages, you can add quick links or text shortcuts to weblinks and phone numbers, so you don’t have to memorise them every time you send a message. These quick links resolve to their long-form values when their intended recipients read the message.
CINNOX currently supports the quick links that direct to the following:
- A staff member’s personal Call Weblink
- A staff member’s personal Chat Weblink
- Tag Weblinks
- Social Page Weblinks
- Service Numbers
- Personal Numbers
To access the quick links:
- On the chat room panel, click on the (+) icon on the left side of the text input bar, then on the options that will appear, select either Weblink or Number.
- On the pop-up window that will appear, select the weblink or number you wish to add to your message.
- You may switch between weblinks or numbers by clicking on their respective tabs on the top of the pop-up window.
- Click on Select. The quick link will then appear in the text input field.
Forward a sent message or media file from the current chat room to another chat room.
To forward a message:
- Point your cursor on the message that you want to forward to, then click on the Forward text on the options that will appear beside it.
- Search for the Staff or Spaces to forward the message.
- Add a caption, but only optional.
- Click on the Send icon.
The forwarded message will be displayed to the chat room of the Staff or Space selected.
CINNOX lets you glimpse something in part or whole of the image without opening it.
CINNOX gives the link an image, title, description, and more, to provide contextual information.
- Whenever you, a staff member, visitor or customer, sent a link in the chat room, CINNOX
automatically expand the link to show a preview of the web page.
CINNOX lets you make the image appear much larger and nearer, or much smaller and further away.
To zoom in and zoom out an image:
- Click on the shared image you want to preview in the chat room
- Click on the plus sign icon located at the top-right corner of the window to zoom in on the image
- Click on the minus sign icon located at the top-right corner of the window to zoom out the image
- Click on the four-arrows icon located at the top-right corner of the window to back the image to its original size.
During chat conversations, the following indicators let you know the status of the messages you sent:
You can only send up to 10,000 characters per message.
Updated 6 months ago