Web browsers let users choose which website or web-based applications can send them notifications, such as alerts for messages received and incoming calls.
The following options are available:
Ask (default) or Always Ask: the web browser asks users through a pop-up message to let a web page or web-based application send them notifications. In most cases, the message only appears when you visit the page for the first time and closing or dismissing it will automatically set the permissions to Block or Deny.
Allow: the web browser automatically sends notifications if there is a new activity or update on the web page or web-based application.
Block or Deny: the web browser does not send any notifications.
If a user's operating system is set to display notifications from their web browser, these notifications usually appear in the system tray at the lower-right corner of their screens.
To know more about system notifications, refer to the Configuring System App Permissions section of this Guide.
To receive alerts of incoming inquiries or new messages from your CINNOX Dashboard, you must Allow your browser to send notifications. This section demonstrates how you can enable notifications in the following web browsers:
To allow your Chrome browser to send you notifications when using your CINNOX Dashboard:
- On your CINNOX dashboard site, click the padlock icon on the left side of the web address.
- Click on Site settings.
- On the Settings tab that will appear, look for Notifications, then select Allow in the dropdown box
- Close the Settings tab, then refresh the client-side page or your CINNOX dashboard site.
To allow your Safari browser to send you notifications when using your CINNOX Dashboard:
- Launch Safari and click on the Safari app menu in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on Preferences.
- On the Preferences window that will appear, click on the Websites tab.
- On the sidebar, click on Notifications, select the CINNOX website under the Currently Open Websites pane, then select Allow in the dropdown box next to it.
- Close the Preferences window, then refresh the client-side page or your CINNOX dashboard site.
Updated 7 months ago