What are Numbers on CINNOX?
Numbers is a CINNOX feature that lets you manage the virtual numbers, service numbers, and personal numbers associated with your CINNOX service.
Please refer to our User Guide for more information.
What is a Virtual Number on CINNOX?
A virtual number is a phone number without a directly associated telephone line. CINNOX offers toll-free and local virtual numbers that let your customers around the globe call you at lower rates.
What is Service Number on CINNOX?
A Service Number is a verified enterprise number that Staff members can use as Caller ID and SMS Sender ID when making outbound calls and sending SMS to their customers.
What is a Personal Number on CINNOX?
A Personal Number is a verified personal number that Staff members can use as Caller ID when making outbound calls to their customers and colleagues.
What is a cloud phone system?
A cloud phone system means the technology provider will host the service on a secure cloud data centre and deliver the product/service over the web. Businesses don't need a custom infrastructure to maintain their own hardware or spend a fortune on capital expenditure.
Can I use one phone number for all teams?
There are no limitations in terms of using a single phone number across multiple teams. If this suits your business model, you can buy just one phone number and use it for all your teams.
What is Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC)?
BYOC enables you to use a phone number provided by an external carrier without losing the functional benefits of CINNOX. This is different from number porting, where the carrier associated with a number is changed. With BYOC, the carrier remains the same, and you can retain your number and pricing benefits provided by the carrier.
You can choose to use BYOC in two ways:
- Inbound only: Configure the number only for inbound calls. If you use this option, a transit fee of $0.02 per minute will be charged on CINNOX. For outgoing calls, calls will be charged as per CINNOX call rates.
- Inbound & Outbound: Configure the number for incoming and outgoing calls. If you use this option, a transit fee of $0.02 per minute will be charged on CINNOX for both incoming and outgoing calls.
BYOC is available in CINNOX ENTERPRISE Plan only.
How much does it cost to receive a call on a mobile device?
Calls forwarded to mobile devices cost more than those forwarded to the landline or CINNOX dashboard. Mobile phone networks charge additional fees to process incoming toll-free calls to your cell phone.
How can a virtual number help my business?
Calling a business in a different country can be difficult for your potential and existing customers. CINNOX provides your business with phone numbers from 150+ countries, and forwards calls to your existing phone number. Having a local phone number means your international customers are more likely to call your business. Take advantage of a virtual number from CINNOX and instantly expand your business to international markets!
What types of phone numbers does CINNOX offer?
CINNOX offers three types of phone numbers:
- Toll-Free phone numbers that allow your customers to call you at no charge to them. In the US and Canada, a toll-free number begins with the 1-800, 1-866, 1-877, or 1-888 prefixes. In the UK, they begin with 0-800 or 0-808, and in China, they usually begin with 4001.
- Local phone numbers are numbers assigned to a designated geographic area and usually have an area or city code.
- National phone numbers are numbers that allow callers to make a local call from all cities in a given country but are not geographically assigned to any specific city. The UK, Spain, and France are some of the countries that have national phone numbers available.
Can callers tell that I'm not physically in the location they're calling?
No, unless you tell them. We even offer international ring back tones for added authenticity.
Are international toll-free numbers free for mobile callers?
Mobile calls made to an international toll-free number are free in most countries. However, in some countries service providers will charge a local call rate, connection fee, or airtime charge for calls made from mobile devices.
What affects the cost of my toll-free number?
Three main factors that affect the cost of an international toll-free number:
Origination: Where Are Your Customers Located?
- Your international toll-free calls originate in the country where your customers are located. For example, if your customers are in Thailand, you would need to purchase a Thailand toll-free number so they can call you toll-free. Costs and originating rates per minute vary by country. Additionally, you can expect to pay more for rare or hard-to-get international toll-free numbers, like Myanmar toll-free numbers.
Termination: Where Is Your Business Location?
- The terminating country refers to where you receive the calls. Again, rates per minute may vary depending on the terminating country. For example, if a customer calls your Thailand toll-free number and the call forwards to a phone in Japan, the terminating rate per minute would be slightly different than forwarding to a phone in the US.
Device/Network: How Will You Answer Your Calls?
- Another factor that affects your cost is how you answer calls. Calls can be forwarded to a landline number, mobile number or CINNOX dashboard. All three options may carry different rates.
How much does it cost to receive a call on a landline?
If you choose to route calls made to your toll-free number to a landline, then the rate per minute will be higher than if you receive the same call through the CINNOX dashboard. This is because the call will travel through the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) to reach its destination. The phone company processing the call tacks on additional charges to handle it.
Can I buy toll-free numbers and receive the incoming calls on CINNOX?
Why can't I make outbound calls?
Outbound calls to landline or mobile phone numbers are available on CINNOX PRO and BUSINESS plans. You need to upgrade to these plans to make outbound calls using CINNOX. To view the plans comparison, please visit www.cinnox.com/pricing.
Can I make international calls on CINNOX?
Yes, you can. International calls are available in the CINNOX PRO and BUSINESS plans. To view the plans comparison, please visit www.cinnox.com/pricing.
Can I buy local numbers and receive the incoming calls on CINNOX?
Can I choose which numbers Staff members can use with Engagement mode?
Yes, you can. From your CINNOX Dashboard, go to Channels > Numbers, then on the Virtual Numbers tab, click on the number you wish to enable Engagement mode for your Staff member.
Can I use Engagement mode for any numbers?
You can only enable Engagement mode in Virtual Local Numbers.
Can I see the Caller ID number from the person who is calling my toll-free number or local number?
Yes, you can. Incoming call enquiries will display the caller's phone numbers.
Which Numbers can I use as my Caller ID when making outbound calls?
Currently, you can use Virtual Local Numbers, Service Numbers, and Personal Numbers as your Caller ID.
Note that Caller IDs are not guaranteed to display with your called parties.
Which Numbers can I use as my SMS Sender ID when sending SMS?
Currently, you can use Service Numbers and Personal Numbers as your SMS Sender ID.
Note that SMS Sender IDs are not guaranteed to be displayed to your message recipients.
Why is it not guaranteed that my Caller ID or SMS Sender ID will appear on my called party or message recipient?
CINNOX will send the Caller ID and SMS Sender ID to the carrier transparently. However, several factors such as a destination country's local regulations, the Caller ID and SMS Sender ID may be displayed differently or as unknown or anonymous.
How can I enable or disable voicemail?
You can enable voicemail for a specific virtual number in the settings. Go to Channels > Virtual Numbers, then click on a number to view its details. Click the Edit button to go into the settings, then click on the toggle switch to enable or disable Voicemail. For more information, please refer to our User Guide.
Does the CINNOX voicemail have automated greetings? Can I customise my greeting message?
Yes, CINNOX has pre-recorded greetings for you to choose from, or you can upload an audio MP3 file or use the Text-To-Speech (TTS) feature to have a custom call recording greeting.
When will a caller be diverted to the voicemail?
You can include voicemail in a virtual number's destination settings. Visitors will be diverted to it if there are no staff members available to answer the call. For more information, please refer to our User Guide.
Is there a limit to the length of voicemail messages?
Yes. Visitors can leave voicemail messages that are no longer than 3 minutes.
How many voicemail messages can be recorded, and how long can they be kept?
There is no limit to the number of voicemails. Depending on the voicemail settings configured by your Admin, these messages can be stored on CINNOX for up to 1 year before they are automatically deleted.
How can I check voicemail messages?
Voicemail messages are part of a missed enquiry details, which you can check at your Enquiry Centre and Enquiry Overview. You can filter your missed enquiries to show those with voicemail only.
Updated about a month ago