Connect your Facebook Page to your CINNOX service. Your visitors' private messages on your Facebook Page through their Facebook Messenger become enquiries in your CINNOX service, which any of your staff can attend as one-on-one conversations.
From the navigation menu, go to Channels > Social.
- On the Social page, click the Create Channel button located in the top-right corner. A pop-up window will show to display a list of sources that you can connect to.
- Click Connect to Messenger
- Click Connect your Facebook Page Account in the Select Facebook Page
- On the pop-up Facebook login page that will appear, enter the email address or phone number and password for your Facebook Page.
- Click on the Login button. Once you have successfully logged on, a pop-up window will display the Facebook Pages you have created under your account.
- Select the Page(s) you will add as source channel(s)
- Click on the Next button. A pop-up window for page permissions will appear
- Make sure to allow the following permissions for CINNOX:
Manage and access Page conversations in Messenger
Show a list of the Pages you manage
Read content posted on the Page
Manage accounts, settings, and webhooks for a Page
Click on the Done button. A pop-up window will appear confirming that the Facebook page has been linked to CINNOX. You can update what CINNOX can do in the Business Integrations Settings on your Facebook Page. To finish the setup, CINNOX may require additional steps.
Click on the OK button.
Confirm the Facebook Page that will be associated with your CINNOX Channel.
Set how to distribute incoming enquiries from this channel to the target destinations.
- Add a name for your Messenger channel. The channel name can be up to 40 characters.
Select for the Routing Rule and add Destinations based on the operational support to your channel.
Please check our detailed guide Alternative, Percentage, Time and Sticky Routing for more information.
Set welcome and away messages that are automatically sent to customers. Welcome messages are greetings sent to a customer when they first message you. At the same time, away messages are only sent if no staff are available to answer an enquiry. You may also choose to include a display name on messages from your staff sent to customers.
Display Name Format
You may include staff display name on your messages. Choose from the following options:
- No name to display
- Staff first name
- Staff first name + last name
Greet your visitors when they send you their very first message.
- CINNOX provides a default welcome message; you can change it according to your preference.
When a visitor's enquiry is missed, send an auto-reply message that their enquiry will be attended to shortly.
CINNOX provides a default away message; you can change it according to your preference.
Channel Custom Info allows you to add your channel details that your staff would see in the call screen and chat room whenever they are serving an enquiry. The custom info can be about the standard procedure or operation details of handling the enquiry.
- Click on the edit button.
- Toggle ON to Enable the Channel Custom Info.
- A blank space adds the required basic information about the channel.
- Click the Save button, and the customised info appears on the Channel Custom Info.
The custom info is displayed on the staff side at the chat room section for the chat enquiry.
- You can customise the Channel Custom Info per Channel - Directory/Tag, Number, Social and Third Party Channel.
- Channel Custom Info is available for call and chat enquiries.
- The Channel Custom Info does not support Direct Staff Enquiry and Enquiry from the Campaign Web Link.
- The Channel Custom Info you can add is 10,000 chars per channel. Please ensure it is not more than the limit to work correctly.
- The Channel Custom Info will still be displayed as a chatbot message in the enquiry room if an enquiry is missed.
Created channels listed on the Social page.
To edit, suspend, or delete your Messenger channels in CINNOX, refer to this Guide's Managing Social Pages section.
Refer to Serving Chat Enquiries for more information to serve an enquiry via Messenger channel.
You can only connect Facebook Pages to CINNOX. You cannot connect CINNOX to other Facebook Accounts (e.g., Personal Account).
A Facebook Page account can only connect to one CINNOX service.
When the connected Facebook channel loses its administrative privileges from your Facebook Page, it will automatically disconnect the channel source from your CINNOX service.
Supported Text, Media Content-Types and Size Limit
- You can only send up to 2,000 characters per message.
- You cannot recall messages from Facebook or any Social enquiries.
- You can only send files with sizes no greater than 25 MB.
- The maximum number of concurrent customers and visitors that can message your CINNOX account is 200.
- Facebook Pages has a 24-hour window period when you can send messages and respond to enquiries. The following message appears when the window period has lapsed: Sorry, your message can no longer send; the 24-hour message window has lapsed. Close this enquiry, or wait until the visitor sends a message again.
If your CINNOX service is not receiving messages from your customers and visitors:
- Log on to your Facebook account with Fan Page then go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Business Integrations.
- On the Business Integrations page, you should see CINNOX on the list of applications connected to your account.
- Click on the View and edit button.
- Verify that all permissions are toggled On, then click on the Save button.
- Send a test message to your Facebook Page and check if your CINNOX service receives it.
If your CINNOX service is still not receiving any messages, contact our CINNOX Support Team at [email protected].
You can visit Facebook Help Center for more information about Creating a Facebook Page.
Updated about 1 month ago