The tab panel in the CINNOX App where staff members can send/receive instant messages, share files such as images, videos, documents, voice messages, or SMS texts to their customers or colleagues.
When you open your CINNOX App for the first time, the chat room is not yet visible.
As soon as you handle a call or chat enquiry or start chatting with your fellow staff members, the Utility Panel will create rooms as your Recent Connections, and the chat room panels for each conversation of them will appear.
Below is a summary of the available chat functions you can use inside a CINNOX Space:
- Copy a posted message
- Recall a message or file you posted within five minutes
- Edit a message you posted within five minutes
- Reply to a specific message within the Space
- Add quick links or text shortcuts to weblinks and phone numbers
- Forward a message to any chat room
- Image Preview - to Staff chat room including enquiry room, Space group chat and conference room
- Link Preview - to any chat room
- Share images, videos, documents, and voice messages
- Use @mention, i.e., use @all or @[Staff member name], to respectively notify all Space members or an individual member about a specific message(s)
Refer to the Sending and Receiving Chats section of this Guide.
Inside a chat room, you can send the following as part of your 1-on-1 or group Space conversations with your customers, visitors, and fellow staff members:
- Voice Messages
For more information, refer to the Sharing Files section of this Guide.
The Room Information panel displays different details, depending on the type of room you have in your Recent Connections:
- Enquiry room - for visitor and customer enquiries
- Direct room - for staff-to-staff (chat and call) and external contacts engagements (call)
- Space room - for internal (private and public) group chat
- Conference room - for conference calls
The enquiry room provides details that will help you know more about the visitor or customer you are engaging with.
- Contact Profile: information such as personal details, journey, activity and device
- Personal: details such as phone number, email, address, sharing details,
- Activity: Enquiry history, call and SMS engagements
- Enquiry Information: Enquiry ID, channel, channel details, platform, time created, time responded, response duration and location
- Journey: enquiries created by the visitor, date and time, handled by and status
- Contact Setting: Contact owner, Shared with and Change Log
In the chat room, the CINNOXBot system message will provide information also such as:
- The visitor enquiry is via "channel such as Tag, Weblink, Virtual Number, Social".
Information gathered from the Visitor Form:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
The direct room provides details that will help you know more about the staff member or external contacts (e.g., leads or prospects) you engage with.
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Extension Number
- Job Title
Space room provides details, including what the group is about and its members' list.
- Space Name
- Space Description
- Space Members
- Space Type
Please refer to Space for Internal Group Chat section of this Guide for more information.
The conference meeting room provides call log details such:
- Caller Information (Host)
- Chat History
Please refer to the Conference Call section of this Guide for more information.
To mute/unmute message notifications for an Enquiry or 1-to-1 Room:
- Inside an enquiry or 1-to-1 room, tap the room name at the top of the screen.
- On the Profile screen that will appear, go to the Chat Room section and toggle the Mute Chat Room button On (green) or Off (grey) to mute or unmute notifications, respectively, depending on the setting you want to apply.
To mute/unmute message notifications for a Space Room
- Inside a Space room, tap the room name located at the top of the screen.
- On the Space Information screen that will appear, go to the Notifications section and toggle the Mute Chat room button On (green) or Off (grey) mute or unmute notifications, respectively depending on the setting you want to apply.
- Otherwise, if you want to be notified only when your name has been mentioned in a post, tap Notification then tap @mentions only.
To mute/unmute directly from the Recent section:
- Swipe a room or name to left then tap the Mute/Unmute button that will appear.
All images, videos and documents sent in the Chat room are in the Shared Media section.
- To view them inside a chat room, tap the room or profile name at the top of the screen.
- On the room/profile screen that will appear, go to the Chat Room section and tap Shared Media
- You will see two tabs for the shared media and files.
If you have unread chat rooms in the Utility tab, it will display a red dot badge at the upper right corner of its icon. The number count displayed refers to the number of unread rooms in the Recent section.
When you go to a room and read the unread messages in it, the badge will deduct the room from the unread room count. The red badge will disappear after all rooms have opened and their messages read.
If you have chat rooms with unread messages, they will display a red dot badge at the lower right corner of the room in the Recent section. The red badge will disappear when you tap open the room to read the messages.
Updated 9 months ago