If you don't have an official WeChat account but wanted to test how the integration of WeChat in CINNOX works, you can login through the WeChat sandbox environment and try out the various capabilities of CINNOX. The WeChat sandbox environment is to test your messaging features similar to an official account.
Refer to the following steps for the configuration.
Using your WeChat user account on your mobile phone, scan the QR code and log in to WeChat Sandbox Dashboard.
When using the WeChat sandbox, you can skip the whitelist step as the sandbox doesn't have any IP restrictions.
From the navigation menu, go to Channels > Social.
- On the Social page, click the Create Channel button located in the top-right corner. A pop-up window will show to display a list of sources that you can connect to.
- Click Connect to WeChat
You have not linked your WeChat Official Account yet. This page will appear for the first time.
- Click on the Set up a WeChat Account button.
On the pop-up WeChat configuration page, fill in the following information:
- Copy App ID, URL, Token and App Secret from CINNOX "Set up a WeChat Account" page.
- Paste the required information in the respective fields in the WeChat Sandbox Dashboard and click Continue.
Official Account Name - the Official Account Name of your WeChat.
Server Address URL (1) - copy the URL that appears on the CINNOX side and paste it on its respective field located in the WeChat Platform > Development > Basic Configuration page.
Token (2) - copy the Token that appears on the CINNOX side and paste it on its respective field located in the WeChat Platform > Development > Basic Configuration page.
Developer App ID (3) - copy the App ID value located in the WeChat Platform > Development >
Basic Configuration page and paste it in the CINNOX side.
Once all information is given to the CINNOX side, click on the Continue button, and you will be redirected to the Channel Details page.
In the WeChat Official Account, click on the "Enable" button
- After you click on the Enable (启用), a pop-up message will appear, asking you to confirm the action.
- Click on Confirm.
The following will then happen in the background:
- The WeChat server will send a verification request to the webhook with the query.
- CINNOX will respond to the verification query once it successfully receives it.
Set how to distribute incoming enquiries from this channel to the target destinations.
- Add a name for your WeChat channel. The channel name can be up to 40 characters.
Select for the Routing Rule and add Destinations based on the operational support to your channel.
Please check our detailed guide Alternative, Percentage, Time and Sticky Routing for more information.
Set welcome and away messages that are automatically sent to customers. Welcome messages are greetings sent to a customer when they first message you. At the same time, away messages are only sent if no staff are available to answer an enquiry. You may also choose to include a display name on messages from your staff sent to customers.
Display Name Format
You may include a display name on your messages whenever your staff members send them on behalf of your Facebook Page. Choose from the following options:
- No name to display
- Staff first name
- Staff first name + last name
Greet your visitors when they send you their very first message.
- CINNOX provides a default welcome message; you can change it according to your preference.
When a visitor's enquiry is missed, send an auto-reply message that their enquiry will be attended to shortly.
CINNOX provides a default away message; you can change it according to your preference.
Created channels listed on the Social page.
To edit, suspend, or delete your WeChat channels in CINNOX, refer to Managing Social Pages section of this Guide.
Updated 23 days ago