For Social channel enquiries, a time limit has been set by Meta, WeChat and LINE to respond to visitor enquiries. An agent should keep the enquiry chat room active to continuously send messages to the visitor.
Generally, a message will appear in the chat room when the staff attempts to send a message to the visitor, but the conversation has lapsed due to being idle and has reached the time limit.
"Sorry, your message can no longer send; the xx-hour message window has lapsed. Close this enquiry, or wait until the visitor sends a message again."
Using 360dialog as the WhatsApp source, you can restart the conversation for WhatsApp enquiry that has lapsed using WhatsApp Template Messages.
To use WhatsApp Template Messages to reply to the lapsed WhatsApp enquiry, the administrator has to enable the “Restart Conversation Template Message” settings in the WhatsApp Channel and use the pre-select templates. Please refer to the Restart Conversation Template Message section of the User Guide.
- After receiving the last message from the visitor within 24 hours, the Time limit reached banner will be displayed. You have to send a template message first to restart the conversation.
- Tap Send Template on the banner to select the template message.
- Select the template.
- Tap + Upload File to upload the file to the header if required.
- Enter variables or tap +Insert Link to add the selected weblink or number to the Body, Footer and Buttons if required.
- Tap Send.
- Your template message is sent and displayed in the chat room.
- When the customer replies to your template message, the chat room will no longer display the Time limit reached banner and can resume the conversation.
Please refer to our WhatsApp Templates Guide for the known limitation details.
Updated 4 months ago